2.25.2012

Song of the Day 2/25/12: Ra Ra Riot - "Too Dramatic"

Photobucket
I got my first exposure to this five-piece indie band last year when I covered them with Paste at the DeLuna Beach Festival in Florida and was really impressed by the band's live energy. Ra Ra Riot is straight-forward indie pop band with a baroque-pop feel thanks to the presence of cellist Alexandra Lawn and violinist Rebecca Zeller. "Too Dramatic" was one that was particularly catchy that I remember from the set and it comes off their 2010 album The Orchard. You'll hear a lot of Dirty Projectors-esque falsettos and four-on-the-floor beats on the record -- but sometimes that's totally what I'm feelin. A band that plays with baroque pop, oddball vocals, and upbeat rhythm sections seem like almost too good to be true.

No comments:

Post a Comment